Uganda Premier League team Police FC are dreaming big – The Club are planning to build their own stadium.
This, was revealed by Club Chairman Assistant Inspector General Asan Kasingye during the unveiling of Centenary Bank as their new partner in Naguru on Tuesday.
“We are going to have our own playing surface,” revealed an excited Kasingye who was speaking to the Journalists. “This will be developed in the coming years.”
“This is a Five year plan and it’s a move that we think can move the club to the standards every one will admire.”
Currently, Police FC are hosting their games at StarTimes Stadium Lugogo after moving away from Mandela National Stadium at the end of last season.
“This planned Sports complex will not be for only football but also other sports disciplines – We have athletics, Boxing, Netball teams and other.”
“This is work we are starting seriously, and we want to be an elite club.”
Police currently occupy ninth place on the league log with 34 points from 24 games. They have won the league (2005) and CECAFA Clubs cup (2006) once.
League Clubs that Own Stadium:
- Onduparaka – Greenlight Stadium, Arua
- Paidha Paidha – Bar Okoro Stadium, Zombo
- Kirinya Jinja SS – Mighty Arena, Jinja
- KCCA FC – StarTimes Stadium, Lugogo
- Vipers SC – St Mary’s Stadium, Kitende
- Ndejje University – Arena of Visions, Bombo
- Maroons FC – Maroons Stadium, Luzira