Following violent riots that claimed a football fan Robert kabirye, Buddu province football team has been fined by the Masaza football committee.
This comes after a whole week of investigations by the Uganda police and the tournament governing body.
In a press conference held at Bulange mengo led by the tournament chairman Sulaiman Sejjengo, the Buddu fans together with the team managerial side led the violent riots.
The events happened on June 30, at the Mpigi Police grounds where Mawokota football team had hosted Buddu at game number 27 of the Airtel masaza cup.
- According to Masaza cup rules and regulations rule 13 iv [a] any team involved in hooliganism before, during and after the match is punishable. Buddu is therefore fined sh5M which must be remitted before there next match.
- Buddu is to lose 2 points and 2 goals, according to FUFA competition rules article 30 8 [c]
- The second match leg between Buddu and Mawokota on July, 27 will be played on neutral ground with no fans at Mandela national stadium
- Shillings 400000 [four hundred thousand] will be paid by Buddu to replace the wind screen for the vehicle that was destroyed
- The ethical behaviour of buddu officials and the technical bench is condemned hence the suspension of one Mr. byarugaba David [ team manager – buddu] for the 2 next consecutive games
- On the other hand the host [mawokota] was judged to have been negligent in managing safety by allowing foreign and dangerous objects to the field. this has led to the dismissal of the mawokota security coordinator a one kijinji James
Before the deduction Buddu was leading group B with 7 points.