The FUFA President Eng. Moses Magogo has stepped aside to be investigated by FIFA, it’s official.
Magogo communicated to the FUFA General Assembly on Saturday in Adjumani that he will be away from office for a period of two months as an agreement with FIFA to conclude to finality a matter that has been under investigation for long.
The decision is in line with a petition lodged by MP Allan Ssewanyana over the alleged sale of 2014 FIFA World Cup tickets.
“Most recently, there were matters reported to FIFA about my management of 2014 World Cup tickets. So, to finish it off once, I was told to step aside for two months as the investigations go on,” Magogo said in the assembly.
Magogo is accused of involvement in a scam to sell 126 World Cup tickets meant for Ugandans to non Ugandans, in breach of the FIFA Code of Ethics and the FIFA Ticket Sales Regulation.
Claims, in 2017, revealed that Magogo entered into private dealings with a a certain Howard Scwartz based in Florida, USA of World Sports and Hospitality acting through his Ugandan agent, Ms. Peninah Kabenge Aligaweesa through whom part of the $40,000 (UGX 144 million) was channelled.
In the 2 months, absence Justus Mugisha will act as the FUFA President.
Here are the key highlights from the Concluded FUFA Assembly On Saturday
- FUFA will unveil National Team Head Coach soon
- Introducing Medical Insurance for secretariat staff, Executive Committee members, delegates and 25 players for each of the 16 Star Times Uganda Premier League Clubs courtesy of AAR Health Services.
- Admission of new members to the General Assembly – Wakiso Giants FC, Proline FC and Kyetume FC as well as the Futsal Association of Uganda (FAU).
- Extend support to third and fourth division leagues
- Passing of the FUFA Annual Budget
- Secure a FUFA Hotel (With naming rights)
- Introduce a FUFA TV running on one of the main televisions in the country
- Quarterly facilitation to FUFA delegates to monitor football progress in their respective districts
- Donate balls to clubs
- Special recognition awards to two football persons from Madi Sub region (Adjumani, Moyo and Obongi districts) – Alfred Mawa (55 years) and Joselyn Selle (76 years).