St Mary’s Kitende team. (Photo – Nim Sport)
Defending Champion St Mary’s Kitende has extended their perfection in defending the football category of the Elite Senior Secondary Schools Championship.
The two own goals from Rwothongeo Derrick in either half was enough to give them a win over host Old Kampala in a midday clash on Tuesday.
Later in the evening Kitende returned to face St Henry Kitovu and the game end 3-1 in their favour.
Charles Lwanga netted the opener but was counseled by stunning free kick from Mutasingwa Ronald.
But in less than 5 minutes, Kitende regained the lead through Emanuel Jowanga and Kasimba Musa to make it 3-1 inside the first half and remained the same at Full Time.
The two results meant that Kitende have qualified to the knockout, topping group A on 12 points in 4 games followed by Old Kampala on 7 points in 4 games.
In the other group, Standard High Zana is leading with 10 Points in 4 games with Royal Giant Mityana in the Second on 7 points after 3 games.
ELITE SCHOOLS CHAMPIONSHIP 2020
DAY TWO RESULTS
- Jinja SS Vs St Henry’s College Kitovu 1 – 2
- Kawempe Muslim Vs Standard High 1 – 2
- St Marys Kitende Vs Old Kampala SS 2 – O
- Boston High Sch Vs Royal Giants 1 – 2
- Dynamic SS Vs Mt St John High School Kauga 1 – 0
- Kawempe Muslim Vs Uganda Martyrs High School Lubaga 1 – 0
- St.Henry’s Kitovu Vs St. Mary’s Kitende 1 – 3
- Standard High School Zzana Vs Boston High School 2 – 0
- Royal Giants Vs Uganda Martyrs 2 – 1
- Jinja SS Vs Old Kampala SS 2 – 1
- Uganda Martyrs Vs Gadaffi Integrated 1 – 0
- St.Noa Girls Sch Vs Dynamic SS 1 – 0
- Uganda Martyrs Vs Rines SS 4 – 1
- Gadaffi Integrated Vs Kawempe Muslim 0 – 1
- St.Noa Girls Vs Uganda Martyrs 0 – 0
- Rines Vs Kawempe Muslim 1 – 1
- Bethel Covenant Vs St.Cyprian Kyabakadde 48 – 45