Uganda’s Jayden Onen is among the nine players English side Brentford FC have released.
All the nine players had their contracts expire on Tuesday, June 30 and were not renewed, the clubs announced in a statement.
Jayden played 30 times, netting on three occasions.
Jayden was among the players earlier called by Uganda Cranes coach Jonathan Mckinstry to face South Sudan in the AFCON Qualifiers double header, which was later postponed due to Covid19 pandemic.
- Express agree personal terms with Tooro United midfielder
- Mukundane bittersweet over Ibrahim Orit departure
- Inside UPL WhatsApp Group Chat – Part 2
- Sad Moment – Juma On Mutyaba’s Retirement
- Miya Late 95th minute goal earns Konyaspor crucial win
- Magogo Calls for Cooperation ahead of club licensing
- Magogo Attacks New vision, Bakama
The youngster is a former Arsenal and Brighton graduate who joined Brentford B on an 18-month contract on December 17, 2018 after a successful trial.
Then, Jayden was out of contract after he was released from Brighton and joins Brentford B on a free transfer.
Brentford B head coach Neil MacFarlane has said that not every single player is going to be promoted to the senior team and it was time for some of the players to go and find first team football somewhere else.
Brentford FC Released Players:
- Justin Shaibu
- Reece Cole
- David Titov
- Jayden Onen
- Matej Majka
- Jonny Mitchell
- Nick Tsaroulla
- Jaden Brissett
- Cole Dasilva