Football Kenya Federation (FKF) has signed a sponsorship deal for Kenya Premier League, it’s official.
The new sponsor who is yet to be unveiled is expected to be a bet firm and FKF President Nick Mwendwa spilled more details via Twitter.
Mwendwa said that the deal worthy 1.2bn Kenya Shillings will go for five seasons.
“Today in history! Over 1.2 billion shillings for the FKF Premier League for 5 seasons. At least Sh8 million for each club starting 2020/21 season,” reads the tweet.
This is big news for KPL who had to endure a difficult 2019/20 season without a sponsor after SportPesa cancelled their sponsorship package following a disagreement with the government over Taxation.
The 2019/20 KPL season was ended prematurely due to Covid19 pandemic and Gor Mahia was declared champions by FKF.
The League is without a TV broadcaster after Pay TV channel SuperSport pulled out three years ago.
- Next FUFA General Assembly Dates, Venues Revealed
- Catherine Nagadya: Retired Referee Takes Pride In Officiating
- Jackson Nunda: URA FC Unveils First Signing
- Official: SC Villa Signs Goalkeeper Martin Ssenkooto
- Ex Players Appoint New Leadership, To Bury Hatchet With FUFA