Yusuf Ssozi has extended his contract with Police FC despite interest from Uganda Premier League giants KCCA and Vipers.
Ssozi has on Monday renewed his contract for the next two years, Police FC has confirmed.
The player who missed the better half of last season due to an injury, joined Police FC from Paidha Black Angles last year.
He previously featured for Lweza FC, Nairobi City Stars and Kalulushi Modern Stars.
His contract renewal is a big boost for Abdallah Mubiru who also boosted the midfield with the addition of experienced Tonny Mawejje.
Hassan Muhamood and Eric Ssenjobe are the other new signings at the club but Pius Kaggwa has joined Wakiso Giants.
Police FC were 13th with 25 points when the league was ended by FUFA because of Covid19 pandemic.
The side that won the league in 2005 and CECAFA kagame cup the following year, are assembling a team to regain the lost glory.
- Traumatise Those In Heaven – Obua Leads Uganda’s Tributes For Maradona
- Ahmad Runs To CAS After Ban, Punch Holes In FIFA Decision
- African Duo In 11-man Shortlist For 2020 FIFA Best Award
- South Sudan Basketball President Assumes National Team Coaching Role
- Vipers Reveal Squad Numbers For 2020/21 Season