Allan Okello’s Paradou FC will not take part in any CAF competition next season after finishing 10th in the Algerian league.
The Algeria Football Federation (FAF) has ended the season due to Covid19 pandemic – The league has been off since March and league clubs voted against resumption.
The FAF has decided to consider the current league standings to determine positions on the table.
Paradou AC, a team Okello joined in January this year, end the 2019/20 season in 10th with 26 points after 20 games.
CR Belouizdad have been declared as champions and will play in CAF Champions League next season.
MC Alger and ES setif were tied on points behind Belouizdad – MC Alger have qualified to CAF Champions League while Setif will play in CAF Confederation Cup next season.
There will be no relegation while Olympique Medea, JSM Skikda, WA Tlemcen and RC Relizane have been promoted to Ligue 1 – A total of 20 teams will compete in the top flight next season for the first time since 1986/87 season.
Paradou AC reached the group stages of CAF Confederation Cup in the 2019/20 season, beating KCCA FC on their way.
- Olympics: Preview, TV, Time As Cheptegei and Kiplimo target 5000m Success
- Transfers: BUL FC Prise Midfielder Kasonko From Arch-rivals
- CECAFA: KCCA FC Squeezes Past KMKM to Get Off The Mark
- UPL Transfers: Ssebwalunyo completes return to BUL
- UPL Transfers: BUL FC confirms departure of five more players