Uganda Cranes striker Fahad Bayo has left the country to join his new club in Ashdod FC in Israel.
Bayo left Entebbe International Airport at 7pm aboard Ethiopian Airways.
He is expected to be unveiled Ashdod FC soon.
Last month, Ashdod, which is also home to Uganda Cranes defender Timothy Denis Awany, confirmed signing the Ex Vipers striker.
Then, Ashdod FC said that Bayo will “arrive in Israel and join his new friends immediately after completion of his isolation duty upon entering the country.”
Last season, Bayo scored 12 goals in 23 league games to help the Venoms win the league title.
This was his first season in the Uganda Premier League since leaving Proline FC in 2018 for Buildcon in Zambia.
To join Ashdod, Bayo was a centre of interest for top clubs in South Africa, Morocco and Algeria.
Besides Awany, Bayo will become the third Ugandan to ply his trade in Israel Premier League after attacking midfielder Luwagga Kizito who plays for Hapoel Kfar Saba.
Did You Know?
- Bayo was the top scorer in the Uganda National Secondary Schools Competition (Copa Coca-cola) in 2015 with Kibuli in Hoima.
- Cheptegei Tipped To Run Sub Two-Hour Marathon
- Arafat Galiwango: URA FC Acquires Police FC Defender
- World Cup: Wanyama On Being Pitted Against Uganda, Mali and Rwanda
- Sports Resumption: Cricket Calls For Government Assistance
- Ibrahim Orit On Toughest Opponent, Best Friend and Targets