Uganda Premier League newcomers MYDA FC have announced their third signing as they prepare for their debut season in top flight.
Central Defender Ramathan Yakubu joins the Malaba-based team from Zambia’s Lusaka Dynamos.
He joins on a two-year deal and is the third addition after the club unveiled former Express player Isaac Doka Mweru and left back Waiswa Kasongo.
Yakubu was signed by SC Villa in February 2019 (2018/19) under coach Douglas Bamweyana but left before kicking a ball. He has played for Bright Stars FC and is a former captain of FC Leopards in Kenya.
“I am really happy to be back home and happy to sign for the new entrants in the league and am going to do all that it takes that we maintain our team in the league and display a good game in this new season of UPL, I am glad to be hear,” Yakubu told the club media.
Under coach Abdusamadu Musafiri, MYDA FC will be targeting to retain their Premier League status at the end of the 2020/21 season.
They had a successful debut season in FUFA Big league; finishing on top of the Elgon group with 21 points after 11 games when the league was canceled by FUFA due to Covid19 pandemic.
- Cheptegei Tipped To Run Sub Two-Hour Marathon
- Arafat Galiwango: URA FC Acquires Police FC Defender
- World Cup: Wanyama On Being Pitted Against Uganda, Mali and Rwanda
- Sports Resumption: Cricket Calls For Government Assistance
- Ibrahim Orit On Toughest Opponent, Best Friend and Targets