Tanzania Mainland Premier League side Young Africans have signed Ghana striker Michael Sarpong, its official.
The 24-year-old striker was strongly linked to a move to rivals Simba earlier.
The Ghanian has been a free agent after he was axed by Rayon Sports following his protest when the Rwandese club suspended player salaries and wages due to Covid19 pandemic.
Sarpong earlier told Rwanda’s New Times that “the contract is being worked on between my agent and Simba.”
He is the latest Young Africans signing, a club that reportedly appointed Cedric Kaze as their new coach to replace Belgian Luc Eymael.
Young have recruited a couple of players which has been inevitable after releasing about 14 players.
Some of Young Africans New Signings;
- Bakari Mwamnyeto (Defender) from Coastal Union
- Mukoko Tonombe (Midfielder) from AS Vita
- Yassin Mustapha (Defender) from Polisi
- Zawadi Peter Mauya (Midfielder) from Kagera Sugar
- Abdallah Shaibu (Goalkeeper) from LA Galaxy II
- Waziri Junior
(Striker) from Mbao FC
- Kibwana Ally Shomari (Defender) from Mtibwa Sugar
- Farid Mussa (Winger) from CD Tenerife
- Tuisila Kisinda (striker) from AS Vita Club