Jamil Malyamungu (left)
Uganda Premier league giants KCCA FC have confirmed the departure of goalkeeper Jamil Malyamungu.
Last season, Malyamungu vied with Ali Mwirusi on who should be Charles Lukwago’s deputy at the club.
He joined KCCA FC in August 2017 as a free agent from Maroons and he ends his three-year stay at the 13-time champions.
He is a former UPDF FC, Water FC and Bugerere (Masaza) goalkeeper and notably helped Maroons win the Big League title.
He becomes the latest player to leave KCCA FC before the start of the 2020/21 season.
Goalkeeper Tom Ikara who was loaned at Mbarara last season also left the club and has since joined Police FC while Jackson Nunda was unveiled by URA FC.
Eric Ssenjobe joined Police, Mike Mutyaba ended his playing career, Mustafa Kizza is joining MLS while Nicholas Kasozi, Erisa Ssekisambu, Saddam Juma and Muzamir Mutyaba are reportedly on their way out.
The club has so far signed Italian Stefano Mazengo Loro, Charles Lwanga, Ashraf Mugume, Denis Iguma, Bright Anukani, Brian Aheebwa and Samson Kigozi.
- Olympics: Preview, TV, Time As Cheptegei, Kiplimo Eye Success In 10,000m Final
- Olympics: Nanyondo, Nakaayi Qualify to 800m Semis
- Olympics: Preview, TV, Time as Ugandan Trio Seek Place In 5000m Women Final
- Olympics: Preview, TV, Time as Swimmer Kirabo Makes Debut
- KCCA FC Unveils Striker Brian Kayanja