Former Vipers striker Tito Okello has agreed a two-year deal to join Kenyan Giants Gor Mahia, The-SportsNation sources have learnt.
Okello arrived in Nairobi on Sunday evening at 5pm to finalise the deal and is expected to be unveiled not later than this week.
This, follows after his negotiations to renew his contract with Vipers hit a dead end.
Tito is one of the 13 players that Vipers have confirmed their departure, including long serving players Dan Birikwalira and Brian Nkuubi.
Okello, to join Gor, had other deals to join a team in Rwanda, Mbarara City FC and Wakiso Giants.
The lanky forward started at SC Villa in the beginning of his career before joining BUL FC in 2012.
He has also played for Tanzania’s African Lyon, Mbeya City FC, KCCA and Hong Kong’s Benfica Macau.
He helped SC Vipers to league triumph last season and had won the FUFA Pilsner Super Eight in preseason.
- Natuhereza Positive As Uganda Start Afrobasket Preps Amidst Challenges
- Kitara vs KCCA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview an Stats
- UPDF vs Villa: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Uganda Withdrawn From Rugby 7s Olympics Repechage Tourney
- Tokyo Olympics: First Batch Of Team Uganda Flagged Off