UCU Canons forward David ‘Dikong’ Kongor Deng is seeking to help the underprivileged through sustained Agriculture.
He is hoping to reach his target through the FHNS Green ventures, a company under the FHNS brand.
He has collaborated with FHNS CEO Dr Isaac Otuk who has moved to help young athletes.
“We knew each other way back in 2017,” Dikong said when asked on how he met Dr Otuk. “He trains us during off-season trainings and workouts in the gym at UCU and thats how we knew each other.”
“The idea came up because Doctor Otuk intends to help young athletes not only through Sports but also other things after an active career ie entrepreneurship development.”
The main focus of the FHNS Green ventures is to deal with small space urban agriculture, while putting into context the health of the people through good nutrition.
Dikong says that they chose Agriculture because it connects the people to the environment, society and economy.
He added: “All this relations helps us to understand that it can lead to alot of transformations which is a very big objective on our table – changing lives through other things apart from basketball to inspire.”
“This venture is changing a lot of lives in the community through providing good nutrition and education through making use of small spaces to make sure people can grow food that’s nutritious, and making sure that climate changes are being considered so that we contribute to our environment positively because it’s where we live.”
He added that they want to focus on mostly slum dwellers, disaster struck people and make them have access to food through making use of their small spaces available for them.
They intend to achieve this through collaborating with institutions and agencies to “provide us the opportunity to be able to reach out to the community and be of help to people.”
Dikong, born in Arua to South Sudanese parents, chose to play for Uganda’s Silverbacks and was part of the squad summoned earlier this year for Afrobasket.
He studied at Arua Public Primary School (West Nile), St Joseph College Ombaci, Buddo SS and now at UCU.
He has played for Giant Stomers, Destiny Phenoms before joining UCU Canons.
About the FHNS Green Ventures
- This is a company under the the FHNS brand.
- Its a company whose products and services are aimed at promoting sustainable Agriculture in urban settings, disaster affected settings, small spaced setting like slums in Uganda and around the world.
- The company’s vision is to make food accessible to every human while focusing on the Scientific approach to Nutrition.
- The company’s projects also aim at dealing with climate change around the globe.
- Joseph Cwinyaii Powers To Tusker Malt Amateur Open Triumph
- BUL FC Vs Gaddafi: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Uganda Overcome Shooting Blues To Defeat Cape Verde
- Guinness 7s: All To Play For On Decisive Coronation Day
- Masaza Cup: Kyadondo Overcome Kabula to Go Top