Kampala Capital City Authority Football Club fans have reacted on the departure of midfielder Saddam Juma from the club after his contract expiration.
Juma joined KCCA on May 5th, 2017 from rivals Express FC. He produced many eye-catching moments especially in the big games but his spell at Lugogo will forever be overshadowed by injuries.
The-SportsNation caught up with some of the KCCA FC fans and below is what they had to say:
Gloria Akao – Personally, I am going to miss Juma with his style of play in that midfield because of his creativity and agility.
Injuries costed him and I think its the reason he failed to shine at the club but I wish him well wherever he will be playing.
My best moment from Juma was against Al-Alhly when he scored a very hilarious goal and the memories from him will be remembered forever.
Maxmillian Nanyondo – One of the most talented midfielders in the land. I’m going to miss him surely. If I were the coach I couldn’t let him go, we still needed his maturity and calmness in the middle of the park. Just like many of the fans, my best moment of him is against Al-Ahly as well in the CAF Champions league when he scored a 25-yarder.
Nelson Sserufusa – Sadam’s departure is going to be a two-way traffic. His going can be a big boost to the young generation and its their time to shine. He has been on and off, spending most time in the sickbay though he had some good displays especially on his debut, Al-Alhly game at Namboole, Ndejje university game away scoring the tittle winning goal among others.
His going can’t be so missed he didnt deliver according to what was expected.
Deborah – Saddam Juma was my bulldozer who gave me joy whenever he appeared on the football pitch just like Moses Nsereko (RIP).
His sensational goal at Namboole stands out as my best memory from him.
Fortunately his absence can’t be felt now because of lockdown but inside my heart I feel sad that he is no longer with the club and I wish him the best of luck.
*Did You Know?
- Juma scored on his KCCA FC debut in the CAF Confederation group stages against FUS Rabat.
- He is also the first player to score for KCCA FC in the CAF Champions league group stages.
- He also holds the record to score the first final goal of the Super eight against Onduparaka.
- He scored the first goal in the 2019 CECAFA Kagame club cup as KCCA FC won the tournament in Kigali.
- Olympics: Preview, TV, Time As Cheptegei and Kiplimo target 5000m Success
- Transfers: BUL FC Prise Midfielder Kasonko From Arch-rivals
- CECAFA: KCCA FC Squeezes Past KMKM to Get Off The Mark
- UPL Transfers: Ssebwalunyo completes return to BUL
- UPL Transfers: BUL FC confirms departure of five more players