Pyramids FC have completed the signing of Egyptian Winger Ramathan Sobhi from English Premier League side Huddersfield Town.
Money bags Pyramids FC, is home for Uganda Cranes player Lumala Abdul.
With the details of the transfer fee yet to be disclosed, reports in Egypt have said that Pyramids have paid over $5m which Al Ahly paid to acquire winger Hussein El-Shahat from Al-Ain last year.
Sobhi, who joined Huddersfield from Stoke City FC in 2018, was loaned for Al Ahly where he has been.
In shocking turn of events, Sobhi refused to extend his loan spell at Al Ahly and told the club about his desire to play for Pyramids.
Huddersfield Town’s Head of Football Operations, Leigh Bromby, has said that they tried to respect Sobhi’s wishes in what is a “very difficult” marketplace in Egypt.
He is further quoted by Huddersfield: “We are happy that we came to an arrangement that suited both parties. Our thanks to Pyramids FC, who have been very professional to deal with throughout.”
Pyramids who finished third last season, are expected to sign Egyptian Star Ahmed Fathi as well.
- Onduparaka Vs Bright Stars: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Vipers Vs Mbarara: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Busoga United Vs Express: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Inaugural Uganda Handball Champions League Slated For June
- Byekwaso Still Optimistic About KCCA’s Title Chances