Uganda Crested Cranes player has confirmed testing positive for the deadly Coronavirus.
USA-based defender Joan Nakirya announced the diagnosis on her social media accounts:
“I was tested positive for Covid19 this afternoon. I was exposed to two people. I went from Zero to feeling sick in a matter of hours. Beginning with an itchy and dry cough, then massive headaches, loss of smell. No fever.
“I’m at school isolated. There Ade so many emotions arising to the process and so I’m going inward to heal myself.”
The defender recently joined Mid America Christian University Women Soccer team from Southwest Oklahoma State University.
Nakirya left Uganda in August 2017, alongside then Gafford teammate Sandra Nantumbwe, to join Redland Community College.
She won three league titles with Kawempe Muslim team and was also a fixture in the Uganda Women Senior team the Crested Cranes.
- Best of Photos As Vipers Crowned Stanbic Uganda Cup Champions
- Uganda Cup: Vipers Humiliate BUL To Clinch Second Ever Title
- Onyango hailed After Sundowns Overcome Orlando Pirates
- Tennis: Uganda To Host 5th Edition of East Africa Junior Tourney
- Asante Kotoko Set To Confirm Signing of Uganda Cranes Striker