Uganda Crested Cranes player has confirmed testing positive for the deadly Coronavirus.
USA-based defender Joan Nakirya announced the diagnosis on her social media accounts:
“I was tested positive for Covid19 this afternoon. I was exposed to two people. I went from Zero to feeling sick in a matter of hours. Beginning with an itchy and dry cough, then massive headaches, loss of smell. No fever.
“I’m at school isolated. There Ade so many emotions arising to the process and so I’m going inward to heal myself.”
The defender recently joined Mid America Christian University Women Soccer team from Southwest Oklahoma State University.
Nakirya left Uganda in August 2017, alongside then Gafford teammate Sandra Nantumbwe, to join Redland Community College.
She won three league titles with Kawempe Muslim team and was also a fixture in the Uganda Women Senior team the Crested Cranes.
- Kenya Football Acquires New Broadcasting Partner
- How FHNS Brand Is Improving The Healthy Lives Of Athletes
- Athletics: Uganda Names Team Of Six To Compete In Kenya
- BUL FC Acquires URA FC Striker
- Nakachwa On Nabweteme, Surprise Beach Party After COSAFA Win