- Bright Stars FC to Soltilo Bright Stars FC
- Light SS FC to Soroti City FC
- Bukedea Town Council FC to Blacks Power FC
- Doves All Stars FC to Arua Hills FC
- Future Options FC to Rwampara Bulls FC
- U-Touch FC to Gulu City Council FC
- Northern City FC to FC Pager
- Ibanda United FC to Ibanda Municipal Sports Club
- Kengere Ward FC to FC Soroti Thunders
- Faith Hope Love FC to Moyo Town Council FHL FC
- Diamond Stars FC to Arua City Council FC
Uganda Premier League side Bright Stars FC have been been approved to add Soltilo to their name by FUFA.
The club will from now on be referred to as Soltilo Bright Stars FC.
This has been passed following the FUFA Executive Committee that convened on September 15, 2020.
Bright Stars FC had made a formal request to the Federation to adopt the name Soltilo, which is a big football school that is run by Keisuke Honda, one of the partners at the club.
Soltilo Bright Stars FC joins a list of UPL clubs that have changed names including Vipers SC (Bunamwaya), Wakiso Giants (Kamuli Park), Tooro United (Soana), Busoga United (Kirinya Jinja SS) among others.
The Executive Committee also approved name change for Big League side Bukedea Town Council FC to Blacks Power FC, among other clubs.
FUFA has said that the committee rejected a name change by Sports Club Barca to change name to Ibanda United FC because the name was earlier used by another team which may lead to integrity issues.
FUFA Rules On Club Name Change:
1) Change of club name shall be in accordance with FUFA regulations on club ownership.
2) A Club competing in any one of the FUFA Competitions as defined in Art 2(9) shall not be permitted to change its playing name (i.e. the name under which the Club competes in a Competition), as recorded in Form F101 and Form F901, save with prior written permission of the FUFA Executive Committee.
3) Any application for a change of playing name must be received by the FUFA CEO before 1st April in any calendar year in order for it to be considered for adoption in the following season. The FUFA Executive Committee will use its discretion in deciding whether to approve a change in a Club’s playing name.
4) Notwithstanding the provisions of Art 11(2) above, no change of name shall be permitted in situations of an acquisition or takeover that compromises the sporting integrity of football competitions.
- Nanyondo Fifth As Kipyegon Triumphs In Doha
- NCS Asks Quartet To Defer Reopening
- Sseninde Wants To Transform Women Football In South Sudan
- Onduparaka Ready To Meet season’s Financial Obligations
- Sports Resumption: NCS Issues ‘Strict’ Guidelines To Federations