Big forward George Abege is set to join Uganda Premier League side URA FC, The-SportsNation sources have learnt.
The four-time league champions have approached Abege and a one-year deal is set to be announced.
Abege’s stint in Ghana with Asante Kotoko came to an infamous end after the striker failed to live as advertised.
He parted ways with the club in January this year having joined from Kenyan team Kariobangi Sharks in July 2019.
Abega who also featured for Bandari, Nairobi City Stars, Sony Sugar and Posta Rangers in Kenya, played for Maroons and SC Victoria University in Uganda Premier League before.
Abege’s addition, if it all comes to pass, will be a big boost for Sam Ssimbwa’s striking force that is led by Cromwell Rwothomio.
After finishing fifth last season, URA FC have already signed Hannington Ssebwalunyo and Jackson Nunda.
New Club CEO Henry Mayeku, during his unveiling this week, assured fans that more new signings will be unveiled soon before league kickoff on October 17, 2020.
- Joseph Cwinyaii Powers To Tusker Malt Amateur Open Triumph
- BUL FC Vs Gaddafi: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Uganda Overcome Shooting Blues To Defeat Cape Verde
- Guinness 7s: All To Play For On Decisive Coronation Day
- Masaza Cup: Kyadondo Overcome Kabula to Go Top