Mbarara City FC has confirmed the departure of attacking midfielder Gaddafi Gadinho.
Gadinho had joined Mbarara City on a two-year deal from Onduparaka in May 2019.
“We have mutually agreed to terminate the contract GADAFI GADINHO MUHAMAD had with us,” Mbarara City FC CEO Nobert Semusu has said.
“We thank him for the time he has been a LION. We wish him the very best in future.”
The communication comes weeks after the player reportedly agreed to join newly promoted UPL side UPDF FC.
Gadinho’s time at Mbarara was overshadowed by his absence at the club after the first round of the 2019/20 season.
In an exclusive interview with The-SportsNation, the player accused Onduparaka of not honouring his contract that included non payments of his salaries.
In the ongoing window, the Ankole Lions have signed Ronald Edwok, Godfrey Kalungi and Bashir Mutanda while the contracts of Swalik Bebe, Souleymane Bamba, Jude Ssemugabi and Pistis Barenge were renewed.
The club has lost Ibrahim Orit (Vipers) and Brian Aheebwa (KCCA) while Kabuye Stephen and Bashir Muweesi were released.
- Natuhereza Positive As Uganda Start Afrobasket Preps Amidst Challenges
- Kitara vs KCCA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview an Stats
- UPDF vs Villa: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Uganda Withdrawn From Rugby 7s Olympics Repechage Tourney
- Tokyo Olympics: First Batch Of Team Uganda Flagged Off