South Africa’s Premier Soccer League (PSL) has acquired DStv as their new sponsor ahead of the 2020/21 season.
MultiChoice’s DStv brand replaces Banking company Absa which ended the long standing partnership since 2007.
The Partnership is for five years and will the league get a new name – DStv Premiership.
“As the PSL continues to innovate with a quest to improve its product, it will have a full backing of DStv, whose offering require an abundance of local content. There is no “them and us,” PSL Chairman Dr Irvin Khoza said in a statement.
“We are joined at the hip to produce enhanced consumption of the best product for our deserving supporters.”
“We are proud of the partnership between DStv and the PSL, a natural evolution of an established relationship,” MultiChoice Group CEO, Calvo Mawela has said.
“The mutual respect and the desire between us and PSL to continue progressing the standard of South African football, both on and off the field of play, to the highest level.”
SuperSport, part of the DStv package, is also the main broadcaster of the league.
Mamelodi Sundowns are the 2019/20 PSL champions with the new season expected to kickoff next month.
- Kiboga Vs Kitara : Your Guide To Big League Promotional Playoffs Final
- Francis Kimanzi Leaves Role as Kenya Harambee Stars Coach
- All football today scores are in a single place
- Fabien Mutombora: Burundian Goalkeeper Extends Vipers Stay
- CAF Confederation Cup: RS Berkane Edge Hassania Agadir to Reach Final