National Council of Sports (NCS) has sent out strict guidelines to sports federations as Uganda gears up for sports restart.
NCS, is responsible to among other things; Develop, Promote and Control sports activities in Uganda on behalf of Government, under the Ministry of Education and Sports.
The new guidelines have been built on the back of President Museveni’s directives that include; testing of Athletes 72 hours to the game, and a repeat test after 14 days and availability of adequate PPEs.
The guidelines have been revealed during a meeting between NCS and Federation heads on Friday at Cooper Chimney, Lugogo.
NCS has said that most of the sports would be eligible to reopen provided they fulfill the conditions set including.
“NCS will asses the readiness of Federations in terms of facilities, logistics and human resource to facilitate the resumption of sports,” NCS Assistant General Secretary David Katende said.
- National Sports Federations/Associations will be required to prepare and submit a schedule of planned activities and venues to be used with priority of National teams engagements.
- Each Sports Activity to be organised shall be cleared on its own merit.
- National Sports Federations shall appoint a medical personnel who shall work in liaison with MOH on all Covid19 related matters.
- There shall be a focal points person appointed or designated by the Federation to act as the liaison between NCS and the Federation on all sports related matters.
- Federations shall seek relevant clearances from the organs of government for activities to take place.
- Federations shall notify NCS of the Venue to be used, number of athletes and officials including media prior to the event.
- Provide proof of testing of players and officials prior to the activities.
- Events to be organised are those where NCS has been notified and clearance obtained.
- National teams to be encamped in one place to avoid unnecessary interaction with outsiders.
- Only players and accredited officials to be allowed at the events
- PPE must be available.
- NCS shall be constitute a team of persons to assess the readiness and compliance of National sports federations for resumption of sports activities
After today’s meeting, the Proposed Implementation Plan include submission of respective federation planned activities and approval for approval by NCS on October 2, 2020.
The verification and approval of Federation activities and protocols on October 9 while monitoring for compliance of Federations on October 19, 2020.
- Kiboga Vs Kitara : Your Guide To Big League Promotional Playoffs Final
- Francis Kimanzi Leaves Role as Kenya Harambee Stars Coach
- All football today scores are in a single place
- Fabien Mutombora: Burundian Goalkeeper Extends Vipers Stay
- CAF Confederation Cup: RS Berkane Edge Hassania Agadir to Reach Final