FUFA President Moses Magogo has given a clue on the foreign-based players who will miss the forthcoming Uganda Cranes camp.
Uganda Cranes will hold a training camp in Dubai next month in the international window.
Earlier, Cranes coach Jonathan McKinstry said that four foreign based players will not join the team due to travel restrictions because of Covid19 pandemic.
While appearing on Super FM, Magogo confirmed the development: “We will camp in Dubai as the team gears up for South Sudan double header.”
“However, we will miss four players due to travel restrictions in their countries, that is USA and Israel to be more specific.”
The Uganda Cranes players who feature in Israel and MLS are Chicago Fire’s Mike Azira, Hapoel Kfar Saba’s Luwagga Kizito, FC Ashdod duo Timothy Awany and Fahad Bayo.
Bayo scored on his first competitive debut for Uganda Cranes against Malawi in Namboole. His recent exploits enabled him to seal a move from Vipers to Hapoel.
Mckinstry had earlier stated that the four players will be replaced by the local contingent.
DR Congo’s TP Mazembe also revealed that their player Joseph Ochaya had been listed by Uganda for the upcoming camp.
- Kiboga Vs Kitara : Your Guide To Big League Promotional Playoffs Final
- Francis Kimanzi Leaves Role as Kenya Harambee Stars Coach
- All football today scores are in a single place
- Fabien Mutombora: Burundian Goalkeeper Extends Vipers Stay
- CAF Confederation Cup: RS Berkane Edge Hassania Agadir to Reach Final