Kenyan giants Gor Mahia has appointed Roberto Oliviera as the new coach, the club has announced.
The Brazilian takes over just a day after the club announced that they had mutually agreed to terminate Polack’s contract.
Polack who guided K’Ogalo to the 2019/20 KPL title, left Kenya on September 11 for a 10-day leave.
He was appointed last year to replace Hassan Oktay.
“We are excited to announce coach Robert Oliviera from Brazil,” reads a statement on Gor website quoting club chairman Ambrose Rachier.
- CHAN 2020: Zambia Beat Tanzania To Get Off The Mark
- Express FC: Charles Musiige Returns To Training After Layoff
- Opportune Moment For Magogo To Leave – Misagga
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Edge Mawokota To Complete Semifinal Puzzle
- We Will Do Better Next Time – Watambala
Oliviera comes with experience on the continent having a number of teams including Rayon Sport in Rwanda.
“After leaving Rayon, I got three offers to come back to Africa but O turned them down,” Oliviera has told Gor.
“When Gor Mahia came knocking, I could not turn it down because I like the club, I like their style because I have seen them play and had a tie against them in CAF competition. I am happy to be offered the chance to coach the team.”