A football player Churchill Owaci was beaten to death following his error in a local game, Monitor has reported.
Owaci died following assaults from his teammates after a game played between two teams from Poba Parish in Lamwo District in Northern Uganda.
Owaci, a centre back, made a defensive error which contributed to the opponent’s goal.
The player was beaten by his teammates, says Agoro Sub County Chairperson Denis Onyon.
Onyon, speaking to Daily Monitor, adds: “But later after the game, the deceased in a revenge act pushed one of the people that had earlier beaten him, from the bicycle which provoked another fight.”
“The deceased collapsed a few metres away from the fight scene and was rushed to Agoro Health Centre III, where he was pronounced dead a few hours later.”
The Regional Police says that they have detailed two suspects and investigations are ongoing.
- Kiboga Vs Kitara : Your Guide To Big League Promotional Playoffs Final
- Francis Kimanzi Leaves Role as Kenya Harambee Stars Coach
- All football today scores are in a single place
- Fabien Mutombora: Burundian Goalkeeper Extends Vipers Stay
- CAF Confederation Cup: RS Berkane Edge Hassania Agadir to Reach Final