Saturday, October 18
*Wydad Casablanca 0-2 Al Ahly
Egyptian giants Al Ahly edged closer to this season’s CAf Champions League final after beating Moroccan side Wydad Casablanca in the first leg semifinal.
The visitors, under new coach Pitso Mosimane, won 2-0 on Saturday at the Stade Mohammed V in Morocco.
The second leg encounter will be played on Friday 23 October in Cairo.
Mohammed Kafsha put Al Ahly in an early lead when he capitalised from a defensive mix up before Ali Maaloul doubled the lead from the spot just after the hour-mark.
Wydad, earlier, had a chance to level matters before the break but Badi Aouk saw his poor penalty saved by goalkeeper Mohamed El Shenawy.
In the other semi, Raja Casablanca will face Zamalek in another Egypt-Morocco battle on Sunday.
The final is expected to be played on November 6 in either Cairo or Casablanca depending on the finalists.
- Joseph Cwinyaii Powers To Tusker Malt Amateur Open Triumph
- BUL FC Vs Gaddafi: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Uganda Overcome Shooting Blues To Defeat Cape Verde
- Guinness 7s: All To Play For On Decisive Coronation Day
- Masaza Cup: Kyadondo Overcome Kabula to Go Top