Monday, October 19
*Kitara Vs Kataka – 10am
*Kiboga Vs Ndejje – 2pm
The FUFA Big League playoffs kickoff tomorrow at the Technical Centre in Njeru.
Guidelines have been put in place to ensure that the tourney is held in line with Covid19 regulations set by the government on Sports Resumption.
After UPDF and MYDA FC earned automatic promotion to Uganda Premier League, one slot is still up for grabs.
Four teams will go out to secure the remaining slot with Kitara Vs Kataka before Kiboga and Ndejje square off. The two Winners in each tie will face off in the final on Wednesday.
No fans will be allowed to Njeru, but with no official confirmation yet, The-SportsNation has established that only the Wednesday final will be broadcast live on Sanyuka TV.
The Guidelines Issued Out To Teams:
- All matches shall be played according to the FIFA Laws of the game.
- There will be a minute of silence before kickoff of every match in remembrance of our brothers and sisters who have succumbed to Covid19 pandemic.
- The matches will be played in a closed and secure environment without spectators.
- Each team shall be allowed a maximum of five substitutes in a minimum of three occasions during one match including extra time where applicable
- In case the score is the same for both teams at the end of regular time, kicks from the penalty mark shall be taken and the winner shall be decided according to the FIFA Laws of the game.
- Players license valid for season 2019/20
- Every club shall provide a list of 17 players and three officials as guided by FUFA
- The name of the player must be similar to that on the player’s license
- Any changes in the name of the players originally submitted shall only be changed in writing not later than five days to kickoff
- Every member of the team as provided shall provide to the FUFA Covid19 medical committee samples for PCR testing as requested
- All players and staff must be at point of sample collection before 9am. Only the shortlisted persons will be allowed to access the POSC to avoid over crowding.
- All members of the team must arrive with masks and observe social distancing at all times
- All members of the team are strongly advised to isolate, wear masks and observe social distancing within 48 hours of testing.
- Any member that returns a Positive PCR test result may be replaced by the club providing a PCR test negative result certificate 24 hours to the next fixture.
- Anyone that exits the camp shall not be allowed to reenter camp unless cleared by FUFA Covid19 medical committee.
Each team must be responsible for:
- Providing all the training and match kit for the team as may be directed by the match commissioner.
- Transporting the team to and from the venue of the match as designated by FUFA
- Providing a face mask to each of their members
- Ensuring that the face mask provided is worn at all times covering the nose and mouth.
- Providing a pair of temperature guns for the team’s use while in camp
- Taking temperature readings for each member of the team two times a day at 8:30am and 8pm which shall be shared at any time and without limitation, with the FUFA Covid19 medical committee
- Reporting any suspicious health conditions of any member of the team to the FUFA Covid19 Medical committee as soon as they get aware of it
- Providing water and other refreshments beyond official supplies by FUFA
- Respecting and adhering to the timelines and fixtures set by FUFA