Uganda Cranes midfielder Taddeo Lwanga has refuted claims of rejoining Express FC amidst growing interest from the club.
The midfielder has been a free agent since cancelling his contract with Egyptian club Tanta SC in July, a side that has since been relegated back to the second tier.
“I am waiting optimistically to return to the pitch and play but I have not signed with any team yet,” Taddeo told The-SportsNation.
“I repeat, there is nothing going on between me and Express FC.”
The-SportsNation sources have however learnt that the midfielder has held talks with Coach Wasswa Bbosa and Club CEO Isaac Mwesigwa and a deal is in pipeline.
Taddeo joined SC Villa from Express and later sealed a deal to join Vipers SC.
After the 2019 AFCON campaign with Uganda Cranes, Taddeo was one of the players who signed with Egypt Premier League clubs including Abdul Lumala, Emmanuel Okwi etc.
- Joseph Cwinyaii Powers To Tusker Malt Amateur Open Triumph
- BUL FC Vs Gaddafi: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Uganda Overcome Shooting Blues To Defeat Cape Verde
- Guinness 7s: All To Play For On Decisive Coronation Day
- Masaza Cup: Kyadondo Overcome Kabula to Go Top