Zainah Lokwamweri helped The Hoops to win the 2019 Rwanda National Basketball League title on Saturday.
The Hoops beat IPR South 68-63 at Kigali Arena with Zainah scoring 13 points in a closely contested final.
The JKL Lady Dolphins forward joined The Hoops to help the side complete the league which was rescheduled in a tourney format.
Hoops had on Friday eliminated Ubumwe 69-53 in the semis.
In the Final, Rosine Micomyiza scored 20 points and Feza Ebengo completed 19 points to overcome IPR South.
Last season, Hoops lost to APR 4-2 in the best of seven finals.
This is the first league title for Hoops who also won the 2019 Heroes Cup last February.
Nicole Urwibutso and Nelly Sandra Nsanzabaganwa had 16 and 13 points respectively in a losing effort.
In the Men’s division, Dean Murray’s Patriots beat REG 76-61 thanks to Ken Gasana’s 21 points.
- Afrobasket Qualifiers: Silverbacks Braced For Early Preps For Second Window
- Bright Stars Vs KCCA: Team News, Preview, Stats and Probable Lineups
- Betting Tips: Arsenal, Tottenham In Europa League Action
- Covid19: Halid Lwaliwa, Five Others Out of Al-Hilal Return Leg
- Enabu Excited By ForteBet Real Stars Gong