Uche Mubiru Ikpeazu cannot wait to represent Uganda Cranes, the explosive forward has said.
Uche, plying his trade for English Championship side Wycombe Wanderers, received his first call up recently as Uganda gears up to face South Sudan in an AFCON Qualifiers doubleheader next month.
“It’s an honor to be called up,” Uche has tweeted.
“I am looking forward to representing my Country in the up and coming fixtures.”
Uche returned on the weekend in Wycombe’s loss to Norwich after a long layoff. He wikk be hoping to make an impact on Tuesday against Watford.
Alexis Bakka (Umea FC), Edirisa Lubega (Paide), Fahad Bayo (Ashdod), Emmanuel Okwi (Ittihad) and Derrick Nsibambi (Smouha) are the forwards on the 20-man squad of foreign players summoned by Mckinstry.
The group B Africa Cup of Nations Qualifier double-header with South Sudan, has been adjusted.
The home game at St Mary’s Stadium Kitende will be played on 12th November before a return leg in Kenya four days later.
The Cranes lead group B with four points while South Sudan have lost their two group games against Burkina Faso and Malawi.
- Traumatise Those In Heaven – Obua Leads Uganda’s Tributes For Maradona
- Ahmad Runs To CAS After Ban, Punch Holes In FIFA Decision
- African Duo In 11-man Shortlist For 2020 FIFA Best Award
- South Sudan Basketball President Assumes National Team Coaching Role
- Vipers Reveal Squad Numbers For 2020/21 Season