Uganda Cranes coach Jonathan McKinstry has made his final shortlist of locally based players for the South Sudan encounter.
Uganda will host South Sudan at Kitende on November 12 before the return leg that will be played in Kenya four days later.
The seven players have been selected from the 22 UPL players who have been in residential camp at Cranes Paradise Hotel in Kisasi.
The team has held training sessions at Lugogo since Monday.
Goalkeeper Charles Lukwago, defenders Halid Lwaliwa, Patrick Mbowa and Dissan Galiwango have been selected.
Youngster Karim Watambala and URA FC captain Shafic Kagimu plus striker Brian Aheebwa have been included.
There is no place for the experienced trio of Denis Iguma, Tony Mawejje and Murushid Juuko, while UPL top scorer Steven Mukwala misses out as well.
The seven players will join the 20 foreign-based players earlier summoned.
The local based Squad
Goalkeepers: Lukwago Charles (KCCA FC)
Defenders: Galiwango Dissan (Vipers SC), Lwaliwa Halid (Vipers SC), Mbowa Patrick ( URA FC)
Midfielders: Kagimu Shafiq (URA FC), Watambala Karim (Vipers SC).
Forwards: Aheebwa Brian (KCCA FC).
- Traumatise Those In Heaven – Obua Leads Uganda’s Tributes For Maradona
- Ahmad Runs To CAS After Ban, Punch Holes In FIFA Decision
- African Duo In 11-man Shortlist For 2020 FIFA Best Award
- South Sudan Basketball President Assumes National Team Coaching Role
- Vipers Reveal Squad Numbers For 2020/21 Season