Samuel Kalwanyi will not be part of the Silverbacks squad for the upcoming Afrobasket Qualifiers in Egypt this month.
The Forward cum Centre will not make the trip to Alexandria due to “work constraints,” National team manager Albert Ahabwe has told The-SportsNation.
Formerly at Charging Rhino and City Oilers, Kalwanyi now in USA, was one of the six foreign based players initially summoned.
Emmanuel Mugenga, Ishmail Wainwright, Robinson Opong, Eric Rwahire and Deng Geu are the five foreign-based players on the team.
These, will be joined by the local-based players who are set to leave on November 12, 2020.
Coach Mande Juruni named seven local based players, instead of initially planned six, to fill the void.
Uganda is pooled alongside Morocco, Egypt and Cape Verde in Group E of the Afrobasket Qualifiers due November 27-29.
The Final Squad
Ben Komakech (City Oilers), Tony Drileba (City Oilers), Jimmy Abraham Enabu (City Oilers), Joseph Ikong Anyuru (City Oilers), James Okello (City Oilers), Stanley Mugerwa (Warriors), Titus Lual Odeke (UCU Canons).
Emmanuel Mugenga (France), Ishmail Wainwright (USA), Robinson Opong (Canada), Eric Rwahire (Canada), Deng Geu (Denmark).
- Afrobasket Qualifiers: Silverbacks Braced For Early Preps For Second Window
- Bright Stars Vs KCCA: Team News, Preview, Stats and Probable Lineups
- Betting Tips: Arsenal, Tottenham In Europa League Action
- Covid19: Halid Lwaliwa, Five Others Out of Al-Hilal Return Leg
- Enabu Excited By ForteBet Real Stars Gong