Uganda Sports Personality Association (USPA) is set to commemorate their 50th anniversary this month despite Covid19 fears.
USPA is an umbrella body for Sports Journalists that was formed on July 20, 1970.
The USPA annual gala, sponsored by Nile Special will be held on Wednesday November 18, 2020.
The gala that seeks to recognise Sports excellency from the athletes, will be held at Serena Hotel.
This, was due April but later pushed because of a ban on public gatherings.
“It is with mixed emotions that we can confirm that the annual USPA Gala will go ahead this year,” USPA President Patrick Kanyomoozi said in a statement.
“On one hand, it is fantastic news that together with our partner Nile Special, we were able to forge a way forward and ensure that the continuity of the gala is not broken in spite the pandemic.”
Kanyomoozi adds that the event will conform to the new guidelines set by Ministry of Health on Covid19.
Nile Special Brand Manager Francis Nyende expressed the brand’s commitment to celebrate the sportsmen and women that raised the national flag the past year.
Joshua Cheptegei headlines the Sports personality of the year nominees alongside Halima Nakaayi and Emmanuel Okwi.
- Afrobasket Qualifiers: Silverbacks Braced For Early Preps For Second Window
- Bright Stars Vs KCCA: Team News, Preview, Stats and Probable Lineups
- Betting Tips: Arsenal, Tottenham In Europa League Action
- Covid19: Halid Lwaliwa, Five Others Out of Al-Hilal Return Leg
- Enabu Excited By ForteBet Real Stars Gong