Sunday, November 15
*Comoros 2-1 Kenya
Kenya Harambee Stars suffered a 2-1 loss to Comoros in the 2021 Group G Africa Cup of Nations encounter on Sunday.
Ben El Fardou put the hosts in the 21st minute but the Harambee Stars leveled matters through Cliff Nyakeya in the 36th minute to send the game 1-1 at halftime.
French-based striker Faiz Mattoir gave Comoros a lead in the 49th minute and the hosts held on for an important victory at Malouzini Stadium in Moroni.
The loss comes few days after Jacob Mulee’s side had drawn 1-1 with Comoros at Kasarani on Wednesday.
On Tuesday, Togo face Egypt in the other group game.
This is the first loss for Kenya in the campaign having drawn their first three games one-all.
They remain third place with three points as Comoros move to eight points from four games.
Kenya, who appeared at the 2019 AFCON in Egypt, have dug themselves a big pit on road to qualify for the Cameroon delayed finals in 2022.
They will have to beat both Egypt (Home) and Togo (Away) in March and hope other results go their way to have a slight chance.
- Afrobasket Qualifiers: Silverbacks Braced For Early Preps For Second Window
- Bright Stars Vs KCCA: Team News, Preview, Stats and Probable Lineups
- Betting Tips: Arsenal, Tottenham In Europa League Action
- Covid19: Halid Lwaliwa, Five Others Out of Al-Hilal Return Leg
- Enabu Excited By ForteBet Real Stars Gong