Two foreign-based stars have jetted on Tuesday night as Uganda’s senior men National basketball team, the Silverbacks, intensify their Afrobasket Qualifiers preparations.
Eric Rwahire (Canada) and Emmanuel Mugenga (France) have joined the team at their camp in Alexandria.
Shooting guard Robinson Opong (Canada) joined the team on Monday night.
City Oilers guard Jimmy Enabu will arrive today, having left Uganda on Tuesday. The captain stayed back to first finish an exam.
Deng Geu and Ishmail Wainwright (USA) are expected to arrive later at the weekend “because they have club games at the end of the week,” explained team manager Albert Ahabwe.
In Alexandria, the team was already joined by coach George Galanopoulos ahead of the showdown due November 27-29 at Kamal Shalaby venue.
The Silverbacks will target to qualify to FIBA Afrobasket finals when they face Cape Verde, Egypt and Morocco in the First Round of Group E.
The second window of the FIBA AfroBasket 2021 Qualifiers will be held in February 19-21, 2021 at a yet-to-be determined venue.
The finals will be staged in Kigali, Rwanda due 24 August to September 5, 2021.
- Afrobasket Qualifiers: Silverbacks Braced For Early Preps For Second Window
- Bright Stars Vs KCCA: Team News, Preview, Stats and Probable Lineups
- Betting Tips: Arsenal, Tottenham In Europa League Action
- Covid19: Halid Lwaliwa, Five Others Out of Al-Hilal Return Leg
- Enabu Excited By ForteBet Real Stars Gong