Uganda’s Under-20 men team, the Hippos, will start their Cecafa U20 campaign on Monday with South Sudan.
The team’s head coach, Morley Byekwaso, says that their target is to reach the finals of the tournament.
The championship staged in Arusha, Tanzania, will act as a qualifier for the forthcoming AFCON Under-20 finals.
“My target is also the target of our country,” Byekwaso said on Saturday.
“We want to do well so that we qualify to the Africa Cup, and to do that, you need to reach to the finals and the difference is to win the trophy but for us if we reach to the finals it will be a job done for us.”
Uganda is pitted in group B, and after the South Sudan game on Monday, will play Burundi next on Wednesday.
There are nine teams in the tournament divided into three groups after Rwanda and Eritrea pulled out.
The winner of the tournament will automatically qualify to represent the region in Afcon U20 next year.
- Afrobasket Qualifiers: Silverbacks Braced For Early Preps For Second Window
- Bright Stars Vs KCCA: Team News, Preview, Stats and Probable Lineups
- Betting Tips: Arsenal, Tottenham In Europa League Action
- Covid19: Halid Lwaliwa, Five Others Out of Al-Hilal Return Leg
- Enabu Excited By ForteBet Real Stars Gong