FUFA Stadium Inspection Committee classified Bombo Barracks ground under grade four, hence unfit to host UPL games.
The stadium was to be used by SC Villa and newcomers UPDF FC ahead of the 2020/21 season.
Villa had earlier expressed desire to host games at Wankulukuku, a request later turned down by the stadium’s management.
According to a report from FUFA, here is what is missing at Bombo Barracks grounds:
- Goal posts are not of same standard measurement.
- There are no fixed and covered technical benches.
- Physical separation of fans.
- Toilets and bathrooms minimum 3 in the dressing rooms and lockers.
- Sanitary facilities for both home and away fans is in a bad state.
- Internal perimeter fence to be reset to standard (minimum 2m high).
- Outer fence not in place.