Uganda’s Philip Kiplimo and Doreen Chemutai were triumphant on Sunday at the NBC Tanzania Marathon.
Kiplimo won the Men’s marathon in a time of 2:17:26 to fend off resistance from Tanzania Hamis Misai (2:17:35) and Kenya’s Stanley Kipchirchir (2:19:13).
Kiplimo bags Sh5.6m (3.5m TZ currency) for winning the 42.2km race.
Chemutai won the Women’s half marathon at 1:13:45 and takes home Tsh2.5m, followed by Judith Cherono of Kenya.
The Women’s marathon was won by Shelmith Nyawira (Kenya) while Tanzania’s Gabriel Geay clocked 1:04:28 to come out victorious in the Men’s Half Marathon where Ugandan Julius Ochieng came sixth.
The race was organised to help in the fight against cervical cancer in Tanzania.
- Uganda Cycling Team Misses Out On Tour De Lunsa
- Basketball Players Dikong, Ajak Open Restaurant In Kansanga
- URA Vs BUL: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview And Stats
- Kitara vs Vipers: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview, Stats And How To Watch
- Big League: Luwero United Come From Behind To Beat Kigezi