The National Mountain Running Championships is set for November 28 in the hills of Kapchorwa to determine the 2020 champions.
Battle lines are already drawn between contenders and arch-rivals, Prisons, Police and Arua Clubs for national titles.
The Kapchorwa event climaxes the 2020 season which had only four national competitions organized caused by Covid 19 pandemic sports activities lockdown.
Unlike the previous editions where the top five finishers in both women and men categories would be assured of slots to represent Uganda at the annual World Mountain Running Championships, runners this time round will content with winning national titles and over 5m/- total prize money awards staked by Uganda Athletics Federation.
Uganda which has dominated the World Mountain Running Championships will miss the 35th edition of the world championships earlier slated for November 14, 2020 and later cancelled by World Athletics owing to the COVID 19 pandemic.
The 2019 National Mountain Running Championships took place on October 5 in Kapchorwa producing two champions, Titus Kibet (Arua Club) in men’s category and Dorine Chemutai (Prisons club) winning the women event.
Find results below
Top Seven (7)
- Chemutai Dorine (Prisons) 54:15.0
- Chesang Dorine (Arua) 54:53.7
- Chebet Emily (UPDF) 55:33.8
- Chemutai Eunice (Arua) 56:40.1
- Chekwemoi Patricia (Police) 56:40.5
- Akiror Sarah (Prisons) 56:05.3
- Chebet Rispa (Prisons) 57:20.3
- Kibet Titus (Arua) 43:26.4
- Kwemoi Victor (Police) 44:20.6
- Chemonges Robert (Police) 44:33.1
- Kibet Oscar (Police) 45:02.6
- Chelimo Oscar (Arua) 45:02.9
- Kwemoi Sam (UWA) 45:14.1
- Chemonges Leonard (Police) 45:23.0