URA FC new signing Steven Mukwala had mixed emotions on his debut as his side were held to a one-all draw against Mbarara City at Kakyeka Stadium on Friday.
The striker scored to hand the Tax Collectors a lead at the half-hour mark but later missed a penalty at restart.
Bashir Mutanda had missed a penalty for the hosts earlier but the side later equalised to deny URA FC thanks to Jude Ssemugabi.
“I cant blame myself because penalties sometimes fail and it was not my intentions to kick it in keepers hands, but I think next week I will improve on my game to make sure that I give my team a win,” Mukwala said after the game.
Mukwala was the league top scorer last season with 13 goals while at Maroons, on loan from Vipers SC before making a lucrative transfer to URA.
“It feels good to score for my team on my debut but I feel bad because we have drawn yet we had the game in our hands,” he added.
“But still draw is good for an away game. We are going set ourselves to see that we win the next game.
“On my side, I think we lacked communication because some of us are new in the team so the communication was not effective. Even the goal we conceded, the defenders failed to Communicate very well but i think we are going to go back and rectify our mistakes.”
- Najjemba Stars as Kampala Queens overcome Tooro in Women Super League
- History Beckons For Cash-Strapped Nemostars
- Vipers vs Express: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview And Stats
- Kyetume Vs Wakiso Giants: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Big League: Ndejje University Strike Late To Deny Proline At Lugogo