Sunday, December 20
*Kyetume Vs BUL – 1pm
*Busoga Vs Vipers – 4pm (live on Sanyuka TV)
- Busoga United will welcome back Captain George Kasonko after a lay off.
- Isma Mugulusi missed a couple of training sessions since Police defeat due to sickness but is available for selection while Shafic Kakeeto is fully fit to start
- Vipers will be without Rashid Toha, Livingston Mulondo, Jacob Okao and Ahmed Amayo
- The visitors welcome back Captain Halid Lwaliwa, Karim Watambala, Milton Watambala and Abraham Ndugwa who tested positive for Covid19 prior to Al-Hilal away game.
Busoga United FC – Ali Kimera, Franco Onen, Hakim Magombe, Douglas Muganga, Shafic Kakeeto, George Kasonko, Paul Ssekulima, Dan Ssewava, Sharif Kimbowa, Isma Mugulusi, Anthony Mayanja
Vipers SC – Fabien Mutombora, Paul Willa, Aziz Kayondo, Halid Lwaliwa, Geoffrey Wasswa, Karim Watambala, Paul Mucureezi, Bobosi Byaruhanga, David Bagoole, Shaban Muhammad, Dissan Galiwango
Preview – Bagoole Returns Home
David Bagoole will be the star attraction as Vipers visit Busoga United, a club he played for last season before seeking for greener pastures.
Bagoole’s display at Vipers is yet to impress coach Fred Kajoba who was his main critic after the hard fought win against Kitara.
However, he will throw him again in the starting line because the midfielder will be self motivated against his former bosses.
He will find it rough in what will be an emotional return, and with Busoga United expected to allow limited fans, he will receive a bitter reception.
Vipers, after needing late goals to overcome lowly Kitara, will be hoping for a perfect start against a struggling side that is yet to win a game so far.
“They are a stubborn side and going by their recent results, you may look at them as underdogs but we know what they can be capable of and we don’t intend to leave anything to chance,” Vipers coach Fred Kajoba told the Club.
“We hope we can have an improved performance and get the 3 points because it’s very important for us.”
With the return of key players, Kajoba will take a lot of confidence to Njeru.
Just like Kajoba, any bad result today may cost Abbey Kikomeko a job.
His side were rolled over in the 3-0 loss to Police and return at home where they lost by a similar scoreline in the Jinja Derby a week back.
“We have had few issues, some players are yet to turn up and you can see that their fitness levels are still down,” Kikomeko said.
“We have called up on all players so that we can put up a good result. They are motivated and in high spirits ahead of the game and their attitude is up and Vipers will find it hard.”
This encounter will come after the lunchtime kickoff between Kyetume and BUL FC.
- Last Season, Bobosi Byaruhanga scored the only goal of the game as Vipers picked their first win away to Busoga United. The second round game was not played.
- Jinja has not been a good hunting ground for Vipers but Busoga United’s only win against Vipers was their first ever league meeting when Anthony Mayanja goal in 2017 at Kakindu proved the difference before the game ended in violence as police fired tear gas after Home fans pelted stones and bottles. (Team played as Kirinya Jinja SS then)
Head To Head
*Busoga United 0-1 Vipers
*Vipers 1-0 Busoga United
*Busoga United 2-2 Vipers
*Busoga United 1-1 Vipers
*Vipers 2-0 Busoga United
*Busoga United 1-0 Vipers
*Vipers 1-0 Busoga United