DR Congo giants TP Mazembe have reappointed Pampile Mihayo Kazembe as the new coach.
The decision comes after the club confirmed the exit of Serbian coach Dragan Cvetkovic whose contract ends on December 31 and will not be renewed.
“Coach Dragan is thus released from his obligations within the club, President Moise Katumbi thanks him for this very difficult year spent with the club and wishes him good luck,” TP Mazembe has revealed in a statement.
Dragan leaves to attend to his family as his Mother-in-law has been sick which has forced his wife to stay in Corsica.
He had replaced Mihayo who was sacked in March 2020 after the team was eliminated in the CAF Champions League by Raja Casablanca at the Quarterfinals.
Mihayo is a club legend at TP Mazembe and won two CAF Champions League titles in 2009 and 2010 as a player for the club.
He was first appointed as coach in 2017 to replace Coach Hubert Velud who had left the club a year earlier.
TP Mazembe, one of Africa’s football club powerhouse, is home for Uganda Cranes star Joseph Ochaya.
- Express FC signs former KCCA FC midfielder
- Galanopoulos On Silverbacks Chances At Afrobasket Qualifiers
- Friendly: Uganda Hippos Hold On To Edge KCCA In Five-Goal Thriller
- From Kyeyune to Iguma: How The Uganda Cranes Players Rated in the humiliation against Morocco
- Mckinstry Picks Positives From Cranes Poor Show At CHAN