Zannya Africa Foundation marked the end of the year while celebrating with the underprivileged in Ndeeba Slums.
In a what was a difficult 2020 across all life spheres, Zannya continued to reach out to the children, Youth and women through sports.
The Non Government Organization has engaged with the people in Ndeeba slums using sports disciplines like Handball, Volleyball and Football throughout the year.
“We have been with them through the whole year so we decided to celebrate the end of year with them as well,” Robert Musajjakawa, Sports coach at Zannya said.
“We are looking at increasing Sports participation among the unprivileged children and youth in the slums, in addition to the mentorship programs we carry out.
“We call upon everyone to join and support us as we move to uplift the societies.”
Zannya has used Sports to empower the underprivileged on different issues like social and economic development, gender issues, youth and women capacity building, encouraging healthy lifestyles and promoting vocational education as well as girl child education.
The Organisation says that Sport and development is an important sector as it brings many benefits to the community.
- Handball: Uganda To Send U18 and U20 National Teams To Ethiopia
- Masaza Cup: Buddu Seek to Brighten Qualification Chances
- Hadijah Nandago Earns Uganda U20 Slim Advantage Over South Africa
- Pilsner UPL Awards: Titus Ssematimba, URA duo Nominated for November Gong
- Uganda Cup: West Nile Region Preliminaries Postponed