Outspoken Uganda Cranes midfielder Allan ‘Dancing Rasta’ Kateregga has expressed complete disapproval of recent arrest of NUP Supporters.
Police in Masaka District is said to have detained about 120 members of National Unity Platform.
The footballer says that the move by Police is “immoral” and demanded for their “immediate release”.
“It is not only illegal but immoral to arrest members of the opposition and detain them without trial for this long,” Kateregga tweeted.
“Security personnel killing citizens they are meant to protect in cold blood is a very disturbing happening! We demand for their immediate release.”
Nubian Li, Eddy Mutwe and some journalists are among the arrested.
Police is expected to produce the detained in court on Monday.
Kateregga is a very vocal and humorous character on social media and has in the past led fellow Cranes players to demanded President Museveni his pledge after the team qualified to 2019 AFCON.
- Natuhereza Positive As Uganda Start Afrobasket Preps Amidst Challenges
- Kitara vs KCCA: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview an Stats
- UPDF vs Villa: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- Uganda Withdrawn From Rugby 7s Olympics Repechage Tourney
- Tokyo Olympics: First Batch Of Team Uganda Flagged Off