Uganda Cranes head coach Johnathan McKinstry has added four KCCA FC players to the Uganda Cranes team for the 2021 CHAN tournament.
Initially, the team that is already in Cameroon for a pre-CHAN tournament featured no KCCA FC player as they tussled it out with AS Kigali in the CAF Confederations cup 1st round.
However, following their elimination on Wednesday, four of the Kasasiros will now head straight to Cameroon to join the Cranes.
Goalkeeper Charles Lukwago, defender Denis Iguma, playmaker Bright Anukani and striker Brian Aheebwa are the four players that have been selected by McKinstry and his technical team.
Currently, there are 24 players already in Cameroon and the better part of the squad has featured in the opening two games of the pre-CHAN tournament.
In those games, Uganda has drawn against Cameroon and also defeated Zambia 2-0 to sit top of the standings.
The Cranes’ next assignment is against Niger on Thursday, January 07.
The CHAN 2021 finals will start on January 16 with Uganda in group C alongside defending Champions Morocco, Toho and neighbours Rwanda.
The Cranes have never progressed past the group stages of the CHAN tournament on all four of their previous attempts.
- Uganda Cycling Team Misses Out On Tour De Lunsa
- Basketball Players Dikong, Ajak Open Restaurant In Kansanga
- URA Vs BUL: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview And Stats
- Kitara vs Vipers: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview, Stats And How To Watch
- Big League: Luwero United Come From Behind To Beat Kigezi