Saturday, January 9
*Kyadondo Vs Kooki – 12pm
*Mawokota Vs Bugerere – 3pm
Mawokota and Bugerere will be targeting maximum points after perfect start in the Masengere group of the ongoing Masaza Cup in Njeru.
Winner of today’s tie will all but book a spot in the knockout round.
Bugerere beat Kyadondo 2-0 courtesy of Tonny Kiberu and Wycliff Luseda goals on Thursday while Mawokota were 2-1 winner over Kooki.
“We respect them because they won their first game as well,” said Bugerere coach Andy Ssali.
“They have a lot of good history in this tournament and always have an advantage but we are ready and we won our first game which was not easy.
“Our target is to top our group meaning we handle every game that way.”
Bugerere have never won the Masaza Cup but were beaten finalists in 2006 against Kooki.
Richard Malinga, head coach at Mawokota, says that they are going to use his strategy.
Isaac Ofoyrwoth and Fazil Tumwine scored for Mawokota.
Malinga was not part of the team after he was locked in Rwanda due to Covid19 having tested positive with KCCA FC.
“I am now back and we are going to use my strategy,” Malinga said.
Mawokota have won the Masaza Cup three times – They beat Gomba in 2005 and 2008, and also edged Ssingo in 2013.
- Express FC signs former KCCA FC midfielder
- Galanopoulos On Silverbacks Chances At Afrobasket Qualifiers
- Friendly: Uganda Hippos Hold On To Edge KCCA In Five-Goal Thriller
- From Kyeyune to Iguma: How The Uganda Cranes Players Rated in the humiliation against Morocco
- Mckinstry Picks Positives From Cranes Poor Show At CHAN