Striker Brian Aheebwa has expressed his readiness to score goals as Uganda Cranes set to conquer CHAN challenge in Cameroon.
Aheebwa scored a hat-trick on his first club appearance on the Continent as KCCA FC beat AS Kigali 3-1 to bow out of the CAF Confederation Cup on away goals rule.
The former Mbarara Striker has scored seven league goals for KCCA and will be hoping to replicate his performance with the Cranes.
“We all in good shape, players are training very well since we arrived and training so hard that we take Uganda Cranes past group stages and me as a player am really ready for the challenge of scoring goals because these are the one of challenges we have been waiting for.”
Uganda Cranes have failed to go past the groups in all their four appearances at CHAN.
The side topped the just concluded mini tournament with seven points from three games, in a four-nation tournament that had hosts Cameroon, Niger and Zambia.
With in-form Aheebwa, Cranes will be hoping for an impressive run for a team that scored just one goal in the last CHAN campaign hosted in Morocco in 2018.
The Cranes will play it’s first Match in Group C next Monday against Rwanda before taking on Togo and defending Champions Morocco.
- Cash-strapped Nemostars travel without Coach Andrew Okapis
- Uganda Cycling Team Misses Out On Tour De Lunsa
- Basketball Players Dikong, Ajak Open Restaurant In Kansanga
- URA Vs BUL: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview And Stats
- Kitara vs Vipers: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview, Stats And How To Watch