Defending Champions Morocco needed a penalty to overcome debutants Togo in Group C of the ongoing Total Africa Nations Championship (CHAN).
Yahya Jabrane scored from the spot and his strike was the difference on the day.
Jabrane’s initial penalty attempt was saved by Togolese goalkeeper but the referee asked for a retake after the keeper moved off his line before the kick.
The defender, on second attempt, sent the goalkeeper the wrong way.
Morocco, who won the title in 2018 when they beat Nigeria 4-0, dominated the entire game but missed chances with Walid El Karti and Ayoub El Kaabi all squandering their opportunities.
Morocco face Rwanda on January 22 while Togo will lock horns with Uganda Cranes on the same day.
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo