Monday, January 18
*Busiro 1-0 Mawogola
*Busujju Vs Bulemeezi
Tuesday, January 18
*Gomba Vs Bugerere – 12pm
*Buddu Vs Mawokota – 3pm
Malida Kuteesa scored the only goal to as Busiro beat Mawogola in the first quarterfinal game of the ongoing Masaza Cup tournament at the FUFA Technical centre in Njeru.
The victory sends Busiro to the semifinal.
To reach the quarter final, Busiro topped the Bulange Group while Mawogola finished second from the Butikiro group.
The match started on a slow note as both sides struggled to settle into the game.
Malida came close to scoring the opener in the 34th minute but he was denied by a timely clearance and was once again denied by the keeper six minutes later.
He got the breakthrough at the stroke of halftime when he squeezed in an effort after receiving from Gerald Ogweti.
In the second half, Malida and Ogweti continued to pressure the Mawogola defence.
Mawogola tried to stage a fight back in the closing stages with Isiah Sabiiti coming closest, but in vain.
Busiro will be targeting a return to the final having lost to champions Bulemeezi in the previous edition.
- Uganda Cup Final: Vipers Vs BUL: Team News, Preview, Probable Lineups and TV
- Taddeo Lwanga Sent Off As Aucho’s Yanga Clinch Community Shield
- National Team Trials: Commonwealth Bronze Medalist Juma Miiro Eliminated
- Pictorial: Joachim Ojera Hands Uganda Cranes Win In Regional Tour
- U20 Women World Cup Qualifiers: Uganda Obliterate Kenya In Nyayo