Ugandan forward Edward Kizza has joined New England Revolution FC that competes in the Eastern Conference of the Major League Soccer (MLS).
He was selected 24th overall in the 2021 MLS Super Draft by the Boston-based club.
The 22-year old joins New England Revolution after ending his impressive spell at the University of Pittsburgh side Panthers FC where he had scored 31 goals in 53 games from 2017.
He will be expected to boost the forward line of New England after the side finished eighth in the Eastern Conference last season before they were ousted by Columbus Crew in the playoffs.
Kizza joins his namesake Mustafa Kizza (Montreal Impact) as the other Ugandan in MLS.
The Kampala-born had his freshman year at Carlisle School where he scored 37 goals that season and helping the team reach the VISAA DII state championship.
He left Carlisle to join Mountverde Academy in Florida before joining the University of Pittsburgh.
- Provisional Sand Cranes squad for AFCON qualifier named
- AFCON U20: We Are Bringing The Trophy Home – Sserwadda
- AFCON Qualifiers: Seven UPL Players Make Cranes Squad For Burkina Faso
- URA FC vs Kyetume FC: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview and Stats
- KCCA Vs UPDF: Team News, Probable Lineups, Preview And Stats